Chicken tikka masala is a two step process, Tikka and Gravy. Grilling the chicken definetely flavors this dish but if you do not have a grill, you could use any oven too. Once you have your chicken grilling, you could start the gravy process in parallel.
|Chicken thigh pieces (boneless)||6 pcs.|
|red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Ginger paste||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Curry Powder (Garam Masala)||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice||4-5 tsp|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp.|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp.|
1. Cut chicken into smaller pieces. Drain any water.
2. Mix all ingredients for the marinade and add chicken into it. Set aside for at least 1 hour
3. Grill chicken on hot grill (barbecue) to golden brown. Baste butter (or oil) frequently to ensure that chicken remains tender and moist. Do not overcook.
4. Heat oil and add ginger, garlic paste. Fry a little and add chopped onions.
5. Keep heat on high to slightly caramelize the onions. Caramelizing onions enhances its flavors for this dish.
6. When onions turn golden, add chopped tomatoes and keep frying on medium heat until the oil separates.
7. Add cumin and coriander powder. Mix
8. Add salt and sugar and drop the chicken tikka pieces in it.
9. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat and let the flavors mingle a little.
10. Increase heat to high and incorporate milk slowly. Stirring continously.
11. Once the gravy is of right consistency, reduce heat to low. Prepare any garnish
12. Serve with white rice.