|medium sized apple, peeled, cored and chopped||1|
|whole wheat flour||1 cup|
|all purpose flour/maida||1 cup|
|baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|cinnamon powder||1/4 tsp|
|nutmeg powder||1/4 tsp|
|coconut sugar / regular powdered sugar / palm jaggery / organic unrefined cane sugar||3/4 cup|
|lemon juice||1 tsp|
|vanilla extract / powder||1/2 tsp|
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients first, except the sugar and chopped apple.
2. Add the chopped apples and stir in the sieved flours.
3. Now add the sugar and mix it well.
4. Now add the wet ingredients one by one. Stir well so that there is a uniform mixture.
5. Now add the lemon juice and give a quick stir so that the lemon juice is incorporated well in the cake batter.
6. Pour into a greased cake tin.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 45-50 mins at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F or more till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
8. Unmold and cool on a rack.
9. Serve the apple cake cake warm or when cooled with tea or coffee.